Friday, October 2, 2009

Your Ass Is So Fine, You Don't Need a Pussy



Gigante is a charming and very enjoyable Uraguayan film about stalking. Not the scary, problematic stalking that we hear so much about on TV, but the cute, infatuated, curious stalking that all of my relationships have begun with. You know, NORMAL stalking.

In Gigante, we are treated to some next level stalking from our man Jara, a security guard who's night shift job is to watch the numerous video cameras in a Montevidean supermarket. While this film doesn't have the input of Seth Rogen or the guy from King of Queens, it is the funniest of the mall cop dramas I've seen this year. As an aside, both Paul Blart Mall Cop and Observe and report are completely forgettable, and as I write this, I can't believe I've seen three mall cop movies this year.

Jara is a delightful loser who just wants someone he can listen to Slayer with. Might it be Julia (Whoo-li-a), the overnight cleaning woman from the country who's hot ass defies the logic of mom-jeans and inspires a cab driver in the film to recite the title of this post? Well, it is her, as she likes G n' R, horror films and chatting with chubby guys on the internet, so Jara should be a shoo-in if only he can get the courage to introduce himself to her. The film follows Jara as he follows Julia and her tight jeans as he discovers that she just may be the woman of his dreams.

I don't use this often, but this film is incredibly cute. Cute and sweet and very heartwarming. I was tripping on "e" when I watched it and write this, but I think it still stands. When you search "gigante" in images this guy is one of the results:

No comments:

Post a Comment