Friday, October 9, 2009

Welkommen to East Van

I saw a dude on the bus today with this shirt:



I respect the idea, and I appreciate the recognition of the Main St./Commercial Drive=East Vancouver bias that there is, but what about Knight? Victoria? Rupert? Joyce? E.49th Ave.?! You can't tell me that some kid who grew up in Champlain Heights and went to Killarney isn't as East side as one who went to Van Tech? I'm waiting on the next edition thatmore completely represents MY East Vancouver. Sunset needs to be respected. Seriously.

Also, note that all the pictures of people on their website are taken in Gastown (Railtown?). Step your game up, boys. Put a dude in your shirt representing the East Side IN THE EAST SIDE. It just makes sense. We've got iconic backdrops - use 'em. Take the Skytrain there - it's the East Van thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment